Monday, August 28, 2006

Top 3 stories that made me cry

Rio of Comic Quest: "Ma'am nangongolekta kayo ng comics?"
Me: "Hinde, habol ko lang yun
g kwento."


Yes, its the drama, suspense and action! Not so much interested in 1st printing and variant covers and mint condition eklat. As long as it's not folded or torn -- that's fine with me. Let's start with the "drama" -- here are my top three:


Superboy's death in Infinite Crisis - First read it without reading any of the countdown to infinite crisis series. I felt sad and teary eyed. But when I read
it again after reading most of the pre-requisites and a couple of Teen Titans trades - I was crying and mourning with Cassie and Robin. Oo, iyakin ako.





Logan and Jean Grey's relationship has always moved me more than Jean and Scott's. I don't know - I just think that Logan loves Jean more. I particulalry love the moment in Grant Morrison's New X-men #148 when Logan had to go through the traumatic experience of yet again needing to kill Jean and deciding to end his life as well by walking out of the doomed space station... but then of course these are the two people in X-men that can never ever die.

And finally....


'Nuff said.

1 comment:

starshuffler said...

Rio of Comic Quest: "Ma'am nangongolekta kayo ng comics?"

Me: "Hinde, habol ko lang yung kwento."


Hahahaha. Natawa ako rito. ;-D

(It's just like the guys who read playboy for the articles.)